Skin Care 101:
Whether you’re here for work or play, take a moment for you…
Everyone needs time to relax, and Kingsport has some of the best R&R around. With everything from mud wraps to manicures, try something new while you’re in town
1120 Saratoga Rd Kingsport, TN 37660
TRY: Agota Springs Earth Wrap which is a full body experience providing many benefits from tightening and exfoliating to gently detoxifying. They utilize a hydrotherapy capsule that is one of a kind in the area providing an exceptional experience
VALLEY SPRINGS SPA
1008 Executive Park Blvd Suite 118 Kingsport, TN 37660
TRY: Integrative Massage – Using a combination of soothing Swedish massage, acupressure, trigger point therapy, stretching and deep breath work, the muscle tissue is encouraged to relax and release tension and stress that calms body, mind and spirit
114 W Charlemont Ave Kingsport, TN 37660
TRY: Feeling Fabulous Package featuring Charlemont Signature manicure & spa pedicure, Signature facial including eyebrow wax, ending in a 1 hour swedish massage
1105 W Stone Dr Kingsport, TN 37660
TRY: Moor mud cocoon – After a thorough exfoliation, your body is wrapped in deliciously warm Moor Mud – containing thousands of plant extracts and trace elements. While the sterile draws out impurities and stimulates circulation, relax with a heated herbal eye mask
DID YOU KNOW?
Sweet news for your skin
Honey contains natural anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that act as anti inflammatory agents and prevent acne
Negative can be positive
The negative charge of bentonite clay [what’s in clay masks] attracts impurities in skin and draws them out
Skin scrub 101
Masks help boost circulation and exfoliate the skin surface to make creams and treatments more effective
Make a mask at home!
- 1 tsp of bentonite clay
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp of water (or more if needed)
- 1/2 tsp of powdered calendula and chamomile flowers (optional)
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- Mix the bentonite clay with the powdered herbs (if using) in a small bowl.
- Add honey and mix to form a thick paste.
- Add enough warm water to form a thin paste. Add lavender essential oil (if using).
- Immediately apply to face and neck in a circular motion, avoiding the eyes.
- Leave on 10-15 minutes or until it has hardened.
- Wash off with a (dark colored) washcloth soaked in hot water (really hot water helps to steam off the mask without having to rub the skin).
- Pat skin dry and enjoy your smooth skin!
Courtesy of Wellness Mama
share this with a friend who could use some R&R