- Summer high temps like New England
- Winter low temps like Atlanta
- Temp ranges like California’s Wine Country
- Rainfall brings lush vegetation like Seattle
- Sunny days comparable to the Carolina Coast
- Four balanced seasons
- Mountains shelter from hurricanes/tornadoes
2020 Census Population
Johnson City, TN
Kingsport is located at the interchange of I-81 and I-26 an hour’s drive from Asheville, NC, 1 ½ hours from Knoxville, TN, and 2 ½ hours from Roanoke, VA on the “less taxing side of the Blue Ridge”.
Tri-Cities Regional Airport (TRI) is 20 minutes from downtown with service to Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Orlando, Daytona, and Tampa-St. Pete by Delta, American, and Allegiant.
- Hotel occupancy tax = 7%
- Sales tax = 9.75% with a reduced rate on groceries
- No state income tax on wages, social security, or pensions
- Sullivan and surrounding counties are among the lowest property tax rates in the nation (Source: taxfoundation.org)
- No layers of special taxes (like schools, fire protection, etc.)
- No wheel tax (Kingsport/Sullivan County)
- No personal property tax on vehicles, boats, etc.
- No vehicle inspection fees
- No annual vehicle taxes of any kind
- No “death tax” on estates or inheritances
- Free removal of yard waste, junk, appliances
400 Clinchfield Street,
Kingsport, TN 37660
Toll Free: 800.743.5282
Have a specific question?
Call a Visit Kingsport team member to get more information. We look forward to assisting you!