RESTAURANT & BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
History Fast Facts
- The famous cocktail was first invented in Kingsport on Long Island.
- Charles Bishop, aka “Old Man Bishop,” created the original recipe during Prohibition in the 1920’s.
- The recipe was then tweaked by his son Ransom Bishop in the 1940’s by adding lemon and lime juice.
- The Original Long Island Iced Tea recipe is unique by using:
- Five different alcohols
- Maple syrup, lemon juice, and lime juice
How Can You Participate?
Visit Kingsport Is Offering A Special Opportunities To Restaurants To Participate In The Long Island Iced Tea Promotion. Restaurants And Businesses Can Submit Customized Long Island Recipes, Food And Drink Specials, And Special Events That Are Based On The Long Island Iced Tea Promotion.
THERE IS NO COST To Be Included On The Long Island Iced Tea Website.