06 Dec Divin’ Into Kingsport’s Hidden Gems
If you live in the area, you know that Kingsport is blessed with some mighty fine eating establishments. And a lot of them are locally owned gems that are so popular that the regular customers might just as soon keep them a secret. The thing is, though, the food is so mouthwatering good that nobody can keep their mouths shut.
So, get ready to chow down because we’re going to give you a list of some of Kingsport’s best places to tickle your taste buds. They all have their own scrumptious delights and here are some of our favorites, in no particular order:
- Big As Biscuit – The name alone is worth a trip here. And, while you might be surprised to find mouthwatering biscuits in a gas station, you’ll be hard pressed to find any better.
These gigantic cathead biscuits with all the fixin’s at the Stop and Go Market & Deli is country cookin’ at its best. And it’s not just a breakfast spot because the burgers, fries, and sandwiches are nothing short of spectacular. https://www.facebook.com/pg/StopNGoDeliMarket/reviews/?ref=page_internal
- Betty’s Stockyard – Their slogan is “Order what you want. Eat what you get.” And there’s never any question that customers are going to eat what they order because the food is out of this world good. Home cooking at its finest, Betty’s has the best gravy and biscuits around, not to mention scrumptious catfish, juicy burgers and much more! Not convinced yet? One of the many great TripAdvisor reviews gives Betty’s five stars and says “What a great place! Small & cozy, no frills but we liked it so much we went 2 days in a row for breakfast!?” https://www.facebook.com/Bettys-stockyard-cafe-304025789765001/
- Nick’s Family Restaurant – A family tradition since 1938, Nick’s has long been known primarily for it’s wonderful fried chicken, potato wedges and slaw but there’s much more on the menu. The burgers, barbecue, sandwiches, and soup beans and cornbread are top notch and the freshly made desserts are always a must-have! http://www.nicksfamilydining.com/
- Sloopy’s Diner – Serving some of the best burgers in the region, Sloopy’s features the two-pound burger and fries challenge (if you eat it all in less than nine minutes the food is free and you get a t-shirt), as well as daily specials. The burgers are beyond yummy but the hot dogs, sandwiches, burritos, and quesadillas are also stomach-pleasers! It’s a popular place, with numerous 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor, such as: “My wife and I went here on our Friday date day and I was amazed how delicious the good was and the service was incredible!” http://www.sloopys.com/index.php
- The Shack – When it comes to barbecue, The Shack has few contenders. If you’re not sure which kind you’ll like best, try the amazing sampler plate. If you’re in the mood for wings, burgers, sandwiches, wraps or quesadillas, it’ll be a tough decision because they’re all mouthwatering. The Shack also features live music on the weekends and TVs so you can watch your favorite sports! https://www.theshackbbqgrill.net/
- Woodstone Deli – Great food. Tons of fun. Wonderful atmosphere. Amazing staff and owner. Those are just a few ways to describe Woodstone, which also serves up some great live music on the weekends. The wings, burgers, and beer keep customers coming back time after time, as do the delicious appetizers, dogs, sandwiches, karaoke, and DJ Trivia nights! Visitors love Woodstone, proven by this 5-star TripAdvisor review: “While we were in Kingsport we wanted to grab a few beers and a bite to eat after our nearly 10 hour drive…so we chose this place because it was close to our motel. What a good move!. To start off we were actually treated like regulars in there I mean honestly like family which really shocked me!!!” https://www.facebook.com/thewoodstonedeli/
- Skip’s Burgers & Ice Cream – Any place that you can get a tasty burger AND a freshly made banana split is going to be popular with customers but while those items are what Skip’s is famous for, there’s also an extensive menu that includes meatloaf, chopped steak, chicken, roast beef, barbecue, hot dogs, sandwiches… and more than we can put in this space! And it’s all delicious! http://www.skipsnet.com/
- The Fried Alligator – It’s all in the name. Well, not ALL. While alligator is definitely a menu favorite, there’s lots more on the menu. Serving authentic Cajun-Creole cuisine and some of the best shrimp, scallops, oysters, and fish around, The Fried Alligator isn’t just about seafood. The burgers… well, they’re darn near life changing! https://www.facebook.com/TheFriedAlligator/
- Pop’s Diner – If you’re looking for a great breakfast, lunch or dinner spot, Pop’s has to be one of your stops. Pop’s offers anything you can dream up for breakfast, including omelets, waffles, pancakes, French toast and, of course, stick-to-your-ribs biscuits and gravy! For lunch and dinner there’s steak, burgers, seafood, seafood – anything your hungry heart desires! https://www.facebook.com/popsrestaurant423/
Hungry yet? We’re betting you’re more than ready to dive into some of these delectable and heavenly dishes… we know we are!