Kingsport winters tend to be fairly mild. Most days, you can just throw on an extra layer, #getintotheoutdoors and soak up the beauty of Northeast Tennessee.
When the weather doesn’t cooperate, the winter blues can start to set in. Luckily, there are so many original indoor experiences in Kingsport that you can shake that mood off before it ever takes hold.
Here are just a few ideas to get you out of the house and having fun:
- Golf Amplified – It’s always 72 degrees and you never have to worry about rain or snow. Located at Cattails at MeadowView Marriott Resort and Conference Center, this indoor golf simulator, which boasts a technologically advanced putting green, allows golfers to play as many as 80 different courses, including Pebble Beach, Bethpage Black, Pinehurst No. 2, and Royal Portrush. Memberships, lessons, clinics, and more are available. Open Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Brixey Studios – Not only does Brixey sell beautiful locally-made pottery but you can also take classes to learn how to create your own original pieces. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced potter you’ll love being able to create your very own piece of pottery.
- Brushstrokes n’ More — Located on E. Stone Dr. and open Monday through Saturday, Brushstrokes is the only studio in the area that offers pottery painting, glass fusing, “paint and sip” canvas events, and instructional board art. Offering adults and kids’ painting parties, the studio is always filled with fun.
- Escape Room Kingsport – With four different options, Escape Room offers visitors one of the most fun live-interactive adventure games around. Your team is locked into a themed room where you follow evidence, search for clues, work puzzles, open locks, and work together to escape before your time is up! Located on E. Stone Dr., Escape Room is open Thursday and Friday from 6-11 p.m., Saturday from 12:30-11 p.m., Sunday 6-10 p.m., and Monday through Wednesday by appointment.
- NCG Kingsport Cinema – Located at the Fort Henry Mall, the completely renovated theater offers the latest movie releases, shown on digital and 3D screens. Reel Deal Tuesdays offer special pricing, a Dinner, and a Movie package (two movie passes and a $25 gift certificate to participating restaurants). Sensory Friendly Movies are also available. Did we mention free refills on popcorn and drinks?
- Kingsport Carousel – Located inside the temperature-controlled Pal’s Roundhouse on Clinchfield Street, the carousel features hand-carved wooden animals and chariots, as well as original paintings on a rebuilt 1956 frame. Perfect for kids and “the-kid-at-heart”, this one-of-a-kind attraction is open Wednesday-Friday 11am-5pm and Saturday-Sunday 1pm-5pm.
There’s also plenty of fun to be had at the Kingsport Aquatic Center, the Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium. In Kingsport, there’s always something going on and plenty to keep you entertained!